- Papadatos Greece
- Area / State
Carpenter Job Description
Wood frame builders are carpenters who specialize in the construction of frames for upholstered
furniture, such as , armchairs, sofas, bedheads. Their job description involves measuring, cutting,
and assembling wooden parts to form the framework of a sofa, armchair or bed.
- Measure and cut materials using manual or automated cutting Assembles wood frames for sofas, armchairs and beds, using handtools: Positions precut frame parts, such as sides, ends, and braces in fixture, and glues, staples, and screws them together, using handtools, hand stapler, and glue applicator.
- Nails, screws, bolts, and glues precut couch framing and attaches legs, arms, and back pieces, using handtools.
- May cut wood parts, according to specifications, using power tools.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Education and Training: To become an carpenter, we require training in a vocational school that offers upholstery courses. In addition, a minimum of 3 years work experience in similar position is required.
- Communication Skill: Carpenters should be able to co-operate with their colleagues and follow the guidelines of their supervisors.
- Language Skill: Fluent use of English language is required.